Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Ripple Effects of Kindness - inspiration from a Concord High School student

It really can be this easy!  Watch this video "Spreading Smiles" -- 

After viewing this, why NOT spread kindness, that's my question?  

Each day, as I become more conscious and aware of my own behavior and of the people around me, I am striving to notice and act, rather than just noticing things I appreciate about others.  For example, I was filling my gas tank at the station a few weeks ago, and noticed the woman driving the car behind me had a cute & happy flower in a pot (one of those dashboard jiggly things) on her dash.  It made me smile at its spring-like aura, and I almost walked by just appreciating it and smiling to myself.  Then I became aware of my own interest, and reminded of the practice of kindness that I'm working on instilling into my nature (so that it becomes simply a natural part of who I am.)  I turned to the woman, and simply said, "I love your cheery flower pot!" with a smile, and pointed to her dashboard.  It made her happy, which made me even more happy.  And that's how it works!

Learn more about how to access the power of your heart to integrate practices of happiness and gratitude into your life, and increase your joy and vitality while decreasing stress, anger, anxiety, depression and sadness.

Be healthy.  Be happy.  Live a Vital Life!
Serving the universe from the seaside town of Port Angeles.
KIC Coaching - Inspiring a revolution of vitality in my community and beyond.
www.kiccoaching.com

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely thing to do. Inspiring me to think how I can bring smiles to others today!

    ReplyDelete