Friday, February 15, 2013

One Billion Rising Port Angeles ... the aftermath of Love!

Yesterday we hosted One Billion Rising Port Angeles, on First Street by the fountain.  We hired a DJ, purchased balloons, and invited the entire town to join us!  I was struck by the joy in the crowd of men and women dancing, the freedom of expression, and the fun we inspired!  The joy spread like wildfire across town!  Here's one example I had the privilege of witnessing ...

When the event 
was over, we distributed the 
large bunches of balloons to a couple who joined us, and a group of teens that I may (or may not) have seen in the past, hanging out by the bus stop downtown.  When I stopped by Safeway on my way home, I saw that same group of teens re-gifting the balloons, one by one, to the Safeway shoppers, wishing them a Happy Valentine's Day.

Where else did the joy spread?  Do you have other stories about the ripple effect of kindness?  I'd love to hear your stories!

No comments:

Post a Comment